Bavarians presented the crossover BMW X4 in the new body of G02, the world premiere of which will be held in March at the Geneva Motor Show. The appearance of the model of the second generation was declassified by photo spy even in the autumn of last year.
It’s no surprise that the front of the new BMW X4 2018 (photo, price) completely repeats the original X3 G01. From its predecessor is distinguished by a completely re-designed head optics, a larger grille, and another bumper.
On the sides, there were air intakes in the front wings, on the upper edge of the glass of the fifth door a spoiler was registered, and the trunk lid lost its brightly expressed tail, which looked much more modest.
At the same time, BMW 4 (G02) surprised by horizontally oriented narrow tail lights, which immediately evoke associations with a similar decision on the Mercedes GLC Coupe. The section for the registration of the license plate has moved to the bumper.
In general, the SUV retained a recognizable look, but the increased body size and slightly more sloping roof made it even more similar to the older X6. It is also worth noting that for the car provides three options for registration: “off-road” xLine, “muscular” M Sport, plus combines both versions of M Sports X.
In the cabin, the new model of the BMW X4 is completely identical to the “X” third. There is also an electronic instrument panel, and a wide screen of a multimedia system, a central console slightly deployed to the driver, and the back of the rear sofa folds in the proportion of 40:20:40. The distance between the rows was increased by 27 mm.
After the change of generation, “X Four” moved to the modular platform CLAR, and in its construction increased the amount of aluminum used, as well as high-strength and ultra-high-strength steels. As a result, the weight, depending on the version, was reduced by 50 kg, the basic version now weighs 1,720 kg (-15).
The presence of active louver in the radiator grille, as well as a more thoughtful aerodynamics, allowed engineers to reduce the drag coefficient to 0.30 (an improvement of 10%). The volume of the five-door trunk grew to 525 liters (+ 25), and with the second-row backs folded up to 1,430 liters (+ 30).
In terms of overall dimensions, the new BMW X4 2018-2019 (characteristics) became three millimeters below the previous one (1,621), while its length increased to 4,752 mm (+ 81), the width was 1,918 (+ 37), and the wheelbase is equal to 2,864 (+ 54). So the car began to look more mature, and inside there was more free space.
As power units for the all-terrain vehicle, seven engines are proposed – three petrol and four diesel engines. All of them are paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and a proprietary all-wheel drive xDrive.
- The version of the X4 xDrive20i is equipped with a 2.0-liter turbo-gas turbocharger with an output of 184 hp. (290 Nm), providing acceleration to hundreds in 8.3 seconds.
- The xDrive30i variant has the same motor but boosted to 252 hp. (in the specification 249) and 350 Nm, acceleration for 6.3 seconds.
- At the top of the scale is the X4 M40i with a three-liter “six” under the hood for 360 horsepower and 500 Nm of torque, carrying the crossover to the first hundred in just 4.8 seconds, and the maximum is limited to 250 km / h.
- The initial diesel xDrive20d is 190 horsepower (400 Nm) from two liters and eight seconds from 0 to 100 km / h.
- A step higher is xDrive25d, where from the same volume 231 hp were removed. and 500 Nm and acceleration is carried out in 6.8 s.
- The diesel xDrive30d is driven by a 3.0-liter engine for 265 forces (620 Nm), which is driven to the first hundredth in 5.8 seconds.
- And for the X-4 appeared the X4 M40d , previously unavailable earlier , received a 326-hp (680 Nm) three-liter heavy-fuel engine, providing acceleration in 4.9 seconds.
Top modifications from the M Performance range are additionally highlighted by the presence of 20-inch wheels in the base (with a surcharge available at 21 “), reinforced brakes, sports suspension and steering,
electronically controlled rear M-differential and exhaust system with a damper.